On this web site the Columbus Bar Association ("CBA") collects limited non-personally-identifiable
information, as well as such personally-identifiable information as our web
site at the time you provide information to us is the one which is in effect;
the policy may change from time to time. We currently use information as follows:
- Non-personally-identifiable information: We log the IP address associated
with your computer at the time of your visit to monitor the traffic to various
areas of our web site and to help us diagnose any problems with our server.
We may use session cookies (not stored after you exit our site) or persistent
cookies (stored after you exit) to track session ID, to control colors, to
store login information or other information regarding your preferences or
use of our site, and to enable the shopping cart feature.
- Personally-identifiable information:
- Our site uses session cookies (not stored) to maintain user session identity.
- If you use the "email this to a friend" feature, we do not capture your
email address or the e-mail address of the "friend"/recipient.
- The detailed information requested on the membership application form
may be made available to the public and thus there is no expectation of
privacy regarding such information. NOTE: This also should be stated on
the on-line application form page itself.
- Those portions of our site which use encryption (as indicated by a closed
lock symbol or the equivalent on your browser) collect sensitive information
such as credit card numbers. We use such information, which is kept separate
from other information we collect, only for the purposes related to the
transaction for which you supply the information. We do not disclose such
information to others for unrelated purposes.
- If you provide information to us off-line (e.g. postal mail or fax), this
this web site.
- Unencrypted information generally. Please note that unencrypted information
transmitted over the Internet is not secure and could be captured by third
- Correction of information. If you determine that information you have supplied
to us via this web site is incorrect, you may submit the corrected information
to us in the same way you submitted the incorrect information or send an e-mail
- External Links. The CBA web site contains links to other external web sites
that do not fall under the CBALAW.ORG domain. The CBA privacy policies do
not apply to such external web sites.