Expert training for sharper notary skills
- What is the difference between an Acknowledgment and an Affidavit?
- Where does an Ohio Notary Public have jurisdiction?
- What are the fees for performing notarial acts?
- What happens if I notarize something incorrectly?
Want to know the answers to these difficult questions?
- Procedure for establishing identity
- How to issue the oath
- Procedure for notarizing a document
- Jurisdictional powers
- Affidavits vs. Acknowledgements
- Chargeable rates for notary service
- Where can I get into trouble?
- Glossary of notary terms
Presenter: Charles A. Schneider, Office of the Ohio Attorney General
Cost: The notary seminar is $45. Application fee for the notary test is $80. Combo seminar and test is $125.
Notary Seminar Dates
The live notary seminar is offered one Saturday per month at 9:00am at the CBA offices. For current seminar dates, please download a seminar registration form (PDF).
Location: Columbus Bar offices, 175 S. Third St., Suite 1100, Columbus, OH 43215
Online Notary Seminar
The online notary seminar can be taken at any time by adding the item below to your shopping cart and checking out.