Expert training for sharper notary skills
- What is the difference between an Acknowledgment and an Affidavit?
- Where does an Ohio Notary Public have jurisdiction?
- What are the fees for performing notarial acts?
- What happens if I notarize something incorrectly?
Want to know the answers to these difficult questions?
- Procedure for establishing identity
- How to issue the oath
- Procedure for notarizing a document
- Jurisdictional powers
- Affidavits vs. Acknowledgements
- Chargeable rates for notary service
- Where can I get into trouble?
- Glossary of notary terms
Hon. Charles A. Schneider, Franklin County Common Pleas Court
The cost is $45 for the seminar. Application fee for the notary test is $80. Combo seminar and test is $125.
Notary Seminar Dates
The live notary seminar is offered one Saturday per month at 9:00am at the CBA offices. For current seminar dates, please download a seminar registration form (PDF), or call 614/340.2031.
Location: Columbus Bar offices, 175 S. Third St., Suite 1100, Columbus, OH 43215
The online seminar can be taken at any time. Click here to register for the online course (select "Essential Notary Education").