Search the blog:
- Columbus Bar membership elects 2013-14 Officers and Board of Governors: http://t.co/SLZ0TWSFod 3 days ago
- Wednesdays from 5-7pm, the CBA partners with WSYX On Your Side for the Ask the Attorney program. Call 614/481.6678 with your legal question. 5 days ago
- Ohio Attorneys Volunteered 100,000 Hours in 2012 - http://t.co/W5m8zKT8gF 1 week ago
- Considering bankruptcy? Here's what you should know about bankruptcy laws in Ohio:... http://t.co/4PhbusOC14 1 week ago
- Featured attorney of the day: Employment attorney, Jessica Olsheski. Learn more about her here:... http://t.co/Km0bY8CyOC 1 week ago
Author Archives: admin
by Bradley W. Miller, Burton Law LLC Technology is changing at break-neck speed. Many of the tools we take for granted today, such as cell phones, look much different now than they did 10, 15, or even 20 years ago. … Continue reading
Click here to read the latest Columbus Bar NewsBytes e-newsletter. In this issue… 1. New Lawyers / Judges Luncheon: March 27 2. 2012 Nominations Committee Members Named 3. Domestic Court E-Filing Training for CLE Credit 4. Judicial Performance Poll Coming … Continue reading
by David P. Shouvlin, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP [Ed. note -- this post explains how one litigator embraced new technology with his iPad. The post offers some advice on apps that make his life easier.] Several years ago I was … Continue reading
by Bradley W. Miller, Burton Law LLC One of the many benefits that membership in the Columbus Bar Association provides members, and that I personally use through my firm, is a discount for Ruby Receptionists (click here for details). Ruby … Continue reading
Effective March 1, 2012: New Franklin County Local Juvenile Rule 36 Modified Franklin County Local Domestic Rule 2 Text of the Rules is also stored at the online Guide to Ohio Courts.
by Bradley W. Miller, Burton Law LLC Johannes Gutenberg is credited with inventing the movable type printing press in around 1440, allowing books to be printed cheaply and relatively quickly. At the time, his invention marked the beginning of the … Continue reading
Click here to read the latest Columbus Bar NewsBytes e-newsletter. In this issue… 1. Franklin County Law Library Moving March 6 2. News from the Ohio Supreme Court 3. ‘Legal Rebel’ to Present at Columbus Bar CLE 4. Our Healthiest … Continue reading
by Paul J. Unger, Esq., Affinity Consulting Group The sound-recorder built into the iPhone and iPad is too basic for lawyers who need to do more traditional features of dictation equipment. A few months ago, I learned about a great … Continue reading
Click here to read the latest edition of Columbus Bar Lawyers Quarterly – download a PDF of the full magazine or pick and choose between the 25 individual articles.