March 25, 2011
Columbus Bar Bench/Bar Retreat Planned for May
Renewing an old favorite, the Columbus Bar is set for a two-day retreat designed for building relationships, and increasing professionalism and camaraderie in the legal community. Reserve Friday, May 13, or Saturday, May 14, or both days for CLE programming and networking at the Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center.
May 13 Agenda:
- Golf (optional)
- 5:30-7:30 pm - Social Hour (cash bar) and Dinner
- 7:30-8:00 pm - Veterans Wraparound, Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton
- 8:00-9:00 pm - Case Management, Hon. Charles A. Schneider and Michael L. Close
(approval pending, 1.5 CLE hours)
May 14 Agenda:
- 8:30 am - Breakfast
- 9:00-9:30 am - Dealing With Pro Se Litigants, TBD
- 9:30-10:30 am - E-Filing in Common Pleas Court, Hon. Guy L. Reece, II and David S. Bloomfield, Jr.
- 10:45-11:15 am - Commercial Court Update, Hon. John P. Bessey and Hon. Richard A. Frye
- 11:15-12:15 pm - The Impact of Social Media on Jury Trials
Panel Discussion: Hon. John F. Bender, James E. Arnold, others TBD
(approval pending, 3.0 CLE hours)
- 12:15 pm - Box lunches - adjourn
Cost: Friday only, $125; Saturday only, $150; Both Days, $225
The Columbus Bar has reserved a block of rooms for Friday, May 13. The cost of the hotel room is an additional $109 plus room tax and charges. If you wish to spend the night, please indicate that when you call to register for the retreat.
Contact Kathy Wiesman at 340.2063 or email@example.com to register.