November 27, 2009
Supreme Court Seeks Public Comment
The Supreme Court of Ohio will accept public comment until Dec. 22 on proposed domestic violence and stalking forms.
Proposed changes to the forms, which were recommended by the Advisory Committee on Domestic Violence, include:
- Changing the name of the civil stalking protection order from “Civil Stalking or Sexually Oriented Offense Protection Order” to “General Civil Protection Order.”
- Clarifying the waiver language in the civil stalking protection order form to include explicit language about waiver of findings, waiver of hearing, etc.
- Revising the civil stalking protection order form to include a provision for electronic monitoring pursuant to recent amendments to Ohio Revised Code 2903.214.
- Drafting new forms for modification or early termination of domestic violence civil protection orders, which responds to domestic violence statutory provisions.
- Drafting new forms for contempt of domestic violence civil protection orders, which will help pro se litigants inform the court of violations of the court’s order.
For complete language of the proposed rule amendments, go to the Court website. Comments on the proposed amendments should be submitted in writing to: Diana Ramos-Reardon, Domestic Violence Program Manager, Supreme Court of Ohio, 65 S. Front St., Sixth Floor, Columbus, OH 43215, or email@example.com.