October 2, 2009
Top 10 Reasons NOT to Attend Technology Boot Camp for Lawyers and Staff
10. Your assistant is a Droid… completely automated and flawless. No need to worry that she’ll ever miss a day or that you’ll ever need to be at all self-sufficient.
9. You would actually prefer to spend 40 minutes trying to fix paragraph numbering in your document than to work in the Styles feature and have Word do it for you. You get high on frustration.
8. You’ve outwitted your smartphone.
7. You’ve already customized every feature in your software for your law practice. Your computer actually hums your name softly while you work, and invoices clients for you while you sleep.
5. You like hauling posters and easels into the court room instead of utilizing technology for evidentiary demos. It makes you feel like an artist as well as an attorney, and ups your cool factor.
4. You’ve mastered remote access to everything in your law office. In fact, your coffee maker is faxing a document to you right now.
3. You would much rather bang on your calculator than have your math done for you by automated calculations in excel. The rhythmic sounds of a 10-key are music to your ears, and you rock your math “old school” style.
2. Forget clause libraries and document automation. You know this whole technology thing is a passing fad, and you are NOT going to change your habits for this flash-in-the-pan “Windows” deal. As long as you can still buy White Out, you’re not going to fix what’s not broken.
1. You are Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. You eat, sleep, drink technology and geek-dom. There is simply nothing else for you to know.
There are actually a whole lot more than 10 reasons why you SHOULD join us for this training, and all of them will benefit your legal practice. For a complete list of covered topics and how they’ll apply to your daily practice needs, please read the Technology Bootcamp brochure.
This is a two-day program: Tuesday, October 6 & Tuesday, October 13, from 8:45am to 5:30pm.
Cost: $579 for Members, $699 for Non-members and will include all materials and manuals.
PLEASE NOTE: Pre-registration is required for this course and this program is NOT eligible for CLE Easy Pass.
Questions? Please contact Paula Coulter at email@example.com or 614/340-2029.