June 12, 2009
Free ABA Recession Recovery Teleconference Series
We are privileged to be one of only 25 bar associations in the country who were invited to participate in this special programming. This is a difficult time for many lawyers. The Columbus Bar is fortunate to be collaborating with the ABA who has created a series of teleconferences on recession-related topics. The sessions are airing in a four-part series for Columbus Bar and/or ABA members only. Please contact Donna Sweet at 340.2062 or email@example.com to reserve a spot at any or all of these timely presentations.
Recession-proof yourself: Taking control in a down economy
June 16 @ 1 pm (60 minutes)
The economy is out of whack, but your lawyer life doesn’t have to be. Whether you have a job or not, this teleconference will help you stand strong on the market’s shaky ground. Listen in and gain confidence in your career path progress and spending decisions.
- Cordell Parvin: Career coach. Keep on track in good times and bad by creating a business plan, updating your resume and diversifying your practice.
- Susan Berson: Author of “Recession-Proof Your Practice” for the ABA Journal and The Modern Rules of Personal Finance for Professionals. Deal effectively with your financial situation — whether you have a job or not.
- Catherine Sanders Reach: Moderator and Director of the ABA Legal Technology Resource Center who will discuss the role technology plays in creating a strong career foundation.
Beyond the “group hug“: Staying positive in a down economy
June 30 @ 1 pm (30 minutes)
Whether you’re helping your friends or yourself, this teleconference will help you restore morale, both at home and in the office. Learn what you need to know to help your laid-off lawyer friends and colleagues find the motivation to get out of their pajamas in the morning.
- Michael Brandwein: internationally recognized expert on communication and leadership and author of Learning Leadership. Known for his highly practical, use-it-immediately approach.
- Staying positive and motivated.
- Alleviating stress and depression in a down economy.
- Doing well by doing good: helping others while helping yourself through public service.