October 24, 2008
Big Things. Small Packages.
Did you ever notice that friends and family assume that since you’re a lawyer you will be a repository of universal knowledge on all things that are or may be related to law? As such, you get questions outside of our areas of expertise. Often, the best answer to these questions is not “hire a lawyer,” but some practical guidance about how to think about the problem.
This November the Columbus Bar launches its “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Series,” designed to give you “walking around” knowledge for some of the most frequently asked legal questions. The CLE programming department has created a short curriculum of hour long mini-seminars packed with quick facts to questions on various legal topics.
These pint-sized presentations are perfect for squeezing in your credits before going to the office in the morning, during your lunch break, or as a way to wrap up a busy day.
“FAQ Series” answers questions about:
• What Parents and Teachers Should Worry About—School Law for Non-Experts
• The Trouble with Teens
• Ten Tips for Teen Drivers
• Tips on Buying a Home for Non-Real Estate Lawyers
• Tenants Rights in the Shadow of the Foreclosure Crises
• Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
• The 3 a.m. Phone Call (OVI, Domestic Violence, Minor Car Accidents and More…)
• What Really Happens at Domestic Court—Divorce
• What Really Happens at Domestic Court—Post Decree Problems
• How Can Lawyers Sleep at Night After…
• What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Elder Law
• The Basics of Immigration Law – What Constitutes an Illegal Alien & Other Common Questions
Visit our website for dates and to register, or call 614/221.4112. Member cost is $35 prepaid/$40 day-of, non-member cost is $50 prepaid/$55 day-of, and non-attorney cost is $25 prepaid/$30 day-of.