November 9, 2007
ALA Columbus Chapter Community Challenge Recap
- Miracle Playground in Dublin: The Columbus Chapter donated $320 from the sale of mulligans at our golf outing for a playground for developmentally disabled children.
- Lee National Denim Day: Early October, employees of local law firms were permitted to wear jeans to work in exchange for a minimum $5 donation to Lee National Denim Day for breast cancer research. We collected $2,215.
- Coats for Columbus: Throughout October a number of firms participated in collecting coats for needy families in Central Ohio.
- YWCA Family Center: October 30, a large group of Chapter members, friends and family prepared and served dinner to homeless families at the YWCA Family Center on the near northeast side of Columbus. In addition to dinner, the children staying at the center were treated with Halloween treat bags, and the Chapter donated $400 in Wal-Mart and Target gift cards that were funded by donation in lieu of paying for the October chapter luncheon meeting.
- Adventures for Wish Kids: Chapter members Becky Von Ohlen and Sonja Kondas volunteered to help with set up of the annual fundraiser for Adventures for Wish Kids.
Next monthly chapter meeting November 28.