October 5, 2007
New classes for legal support staff offered
Columbus Bar Services will be offering courses for professional development of legal support staff beginning in October. The “Professionalism in Practice” series is aimed at legal assistants seeking personal enrichment and the opportunity to further develop their skills and professional knowledge.
The courses are designed to provide real-world, application knowledge in a comprehensive and concise format. Many courses will be offered from noon to 1 pm as a “Lunch & Learn” session, and will cost just $20 (lunch provided), making them affordable in terms of both time and cost. More in-depth courses will be offered as half day programs.
Course offerings in October include:
- Electronic Filing in the Bankruptcy Court (Lunch & Learn - 10/22/07, $20 fee)
- Introduction to Legal Research (Lunch & Learn, 10/30/07, $20 fee)
Courses coming soon include:
- Legal Letter Drafting and Professional Communications
- E-Discovery Programs
- Document Scanning and “Paperless” Technologies
- Utilizing Styles in Microsoft Word
- Creating a Table of Authorities