August 3, 2007
Notice to attorneys who practice in Municipal Court
NOTICE TO ATTORNEYS WHO PRACTICE IN MUNICIPAL COURT
THE JUDGES OF THE FRANKLIN COUNTY MUNICIPAL COURT HEREBY GIVE NOTICE OF THE FOLLOWING PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO LOCAL COURT RULE 16:
Rule 16. Appointed Counsel
16.01 List of Appointed Counsel
The Court shall maintain a list of attorneys in private practice willing to accept appointments for cases in the Franklin County Municipal Court subject to conflict with the Public Defender’s Office. Attorneys desiring to be placed on the appointment list shall apply in writing to the
Administrative Judge Appointed Counsel Coordinator at (614) 645-3803.
16.02 Standards for Appointed Counsel
In order to be approved and maintain placement on the court=s list of attorneys willing to accept cases by appointment, an attorney must meet the following standards:
1. Licensed Ohio attorney in good standing.
2. Experience as lead counsel or co-counsel on three (3) or more criminal/traffic or delinquency cases.
a five (5) hour training an orientation program approved by the judges of the Franklin County Municipal Court concentrating on the following areas of practice:
4. Maintain professional liability (malpractice) insurance in the amount equal to the minimum coverages required by the Code of Professional Responsibility.
** Key to proposed amendments:
1. Original language of the rule appears as regular type.
2. Language to be deleted appears
3. Language to be added appears thus.
All comments regarding these amendments must be submitted to Judge Anne Taylor at the Franklin County Municipal Court, 375 South High Street, 12th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215 or through her secretary’s e-mail at McKeanD@fcmcclerk.com by the close of business on Friday, August 10, 2007.