February 3, 2006
Angie's List offers helpful tips to help you get it all done this month
Keeping on top of routine maintenance or other projects can be a daunting task. But, Angie's List can help. Drawing on the expertise of Angie's List members and the contractors and companies they've placed on the list, Angie has put together a February checklist to help you get it all done this month:
- Perform necessary maintenance on your washing machine. First, shut off the water supply and remove the hoses, replacing damaged ones as well as any corroded washers and fittings.
- Spring rains are just around the corner, so be sure your sump pump works properly. To test, fill the sump pit with water and go outside to make sure the pump is actually discharging water. You can also eliminate any build-up in the system by pouring white vinegar through the unit.
- Get on your lawn-care company's spring schedule if you haven't already done so. They could be booked when the weather warms up.
- Schedule to have your air conditioner serviced. Technicians can test your air conditioner as long as the temperature is above about 60 degrees. Calling now can get you on their schedule for one of those first warm days of Spring.
- Clean underneath your refrigerator. Dust and debris accumulate on the floor and around the coils, forcing your refrigerator to work harder than necessary. A few quick minutes of dusting can keep you from forking over $700 to $1500 to replace your unit.
- Feb. 21 is National Love Your Pet Day. If you have a dog, schedule an appointment with the groomer for a shampoo and trim. And while you're there, schedule ahead for visits later in the year. Regular trips to the groomer keep your dog healthy, help prevent disease, and create a routine that makes the experience less stressful.
To sign up for Angie's List with the Columbus Bar member discount, contact Kathy Vanderhorst at 614/260.5915 or email@example.com.