Why you should attend
Knowing how to conduct efficient and effective internal investigations is key to protecting your clients or company. Companies and their counsel need to be diligent and proactive in identifying risks and remedying potential issues. At this program, an expert faculty will review the fundaments of conducting an effective and efficient investigation, as well as touch on the many more nuanced and practical issues arising today. Leave the program with a better understanding of how to handle investigations successfully for your clients or company.
What you will learn
- Considerations at the outset: nature and scope of the investigation
- Document retention and data privacy issues
- Plaintiffs’ lawyers considerations: internal self-reporting to the company vs. filing with the government
- Issues in international investigations
- The intersection of labor and employment law and internal investigations
- When and how to work with outside experts
- When you should disclose and when you should not
- The government’s use, evaluation and weighing of internal investigations
- Concluding the investigation: when to prepare a report and how, corrective actions, cooperation with the government
- Ethical issues: warnings to witnesses, representational issues, the rights of employees, avoiding obstruction, indemnification and advancement
- Real-world hypothetical scenario to structure program
- One full hour of Ethics CLE credit
Who should attend
This program is a must-attend event for anyone responsible for corporate investigations: inside and outside counsel, internal auditors, compliance officers, forensic accountants and other experts who handle internal investigations, and government attorneys - anyone who has a stake in this process.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at email@example.com for more details.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.