Why you should attend
As many new regulations are promulgated by the SEC, PCAOB and financial institution regulators, there are numerous challenges emerging for the audit committee. If you are a director or member of an audit committee, or if you advise audit committees, this program will help you understand what is required of the audit committee, and those who advise them, in this rapidly changing environment. You will hear from an expert faculty of public company directors and audit committee members, lawyers and CPAs who advise audit committees, and government regulators who oversee the audit and financial reporting processes. Each panel will offer practical advice based on real-world examples to give you the information and tools you need to successfully perform and meet the many challenges facing audit committees and boards today.
What you will learn
- The most important developments in the past year for audit committees, including SEC and PCAOB developments
- Continuing impact of the Dodd-Frank regulatory reform legislation on financial reporting and audit committees
- Dealing with the host of new regulations from the financial institution regulators - what audit committees and their advisors need to know
- Key accounting developments: important changes and GAAP/IFRS convergence update
- How to build and maintain strong compliance programs
- The audit committee’s role in overseeing risk
- Ethical issues that arise when advising audit committees
- Earn one hour of Ethics CLE credit
- Interactive panels
Who should attend
Public company directors, audit committee members, lawyers, CPAs and other public company advisors will take away valuable practical information and skills necessary to succeed in the current financial reporting environment.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 260-4PLI.
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.