Why you should attend
Employment law is no longer a local issue. Multinational employers must grapple with often conflicting standards for hiring, retaining, disciplining, and terminating employees. The issues are all the more challenging today, as employment laws, corruption laws, and whistleblower laws, from the U.S. and overseas, impose standards of conduct across borders.
This program brings together highly experienced and sophisticated practitioners, in-house counsel, and senior human resources executives from around the world. They will present in a practical way how best to advise the multinational employer in these critical issues.
What you will learn
- Analysis of different legal standards across borders for hiring and firing, including enforcement of restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements
- Discrimination and retaliation laws worldwide
- Overseas union and works councils
- Best practices in avoiding criminal and civil liability, and dealing with the international whistleblower
- Cross-border data privacy update
- Earn up to one full hour of Ethics credit
Who should attend
General counsel and outside counsel for U.S. and overseas-based multinationals, in-house international and labor counsel, and human resources executives.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 260-4PLI.
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.