This program will explain the basic concepts of U.S. immigration law and procedure, and discuss current developments and trends, including a legislative update on immigration reform. You will receive a course handbook with articles by leading practitioners and sample documents and forms to assist you in your practice.
What you will learn
- An overview of U.S. immigration law, including current developments and trends
- The difference between nonimmigrant (temporary) and immigrant (permanent/green card) visas
- Employment-related visas and work authorization
- Family-sponsored visas
- Asylum and immigration benefits for crime victims
- Removal proceedings against immigrants
- Judicial review of immigration cases
- Protecting an employer from sanctions
- Newest developments regarding same-sex married partners
- Unique ethical issues in immigration practice
Who should attend
This program will be extremely useful to attorneys who are new to immigration practice as well as for those who need a refresher on immigration law or are involved in immigration policy. It will also be useful for attorneys in other practice areas who need to become familiar with immigration law in order to work with immigration counsel or undertake representation on their own.
PLI Group Discounts
Groups of 4-14 from the same organization, all registering at the same time, for a PLI program scheduled for presentation at the same site, are entitled to receive a group discount. For further discount information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 260-4PLI.
PLI Can Arrange Group Viewing to Your Firm
Contact the Groupcasts Department via email at email@example.com for more details.
All cancellations received 3 business days prior to the program will be refunded 100%. If you do not cancel within the allotted time period, payment is due in full. You may substitute another individual to attend the program at any time.